Wednesday, March 8, 2017

......... Wet n Wild PhotoFocus Foundation .........




Last week I was at my local CVS when I came across this new foundation from Wet n Wild, the name photofocus caught my attention after reading the claims and for only a $6.95 price. I decided to give it a try.

PRODUCT CLAIMS

 

Your skin, only better. Our new high performing, skin perfecting foundation underwent major road testing under seven different photo lighting conditions to deliver flawless camera ready makeup every time. Specially made with a matte, light diffusing complex to give your skin #nofilter perfectcion.


MY THOUGHTS 

 

Looking at the different shades they had in the store I decided that the closest match for my skin tone was the shade Golden beige which is a medium shade with warm undertones. It has a liquid consistency with a straight medium coverage. It has a matte finish at first but as the day pasts by and my natural oils come to the surface ( I will say about 5 hours after application), it gets more like a dewy finish. The application I tried to apply it with was a foundation brush and a beauty sponge. I found out that if you want to get the medium coverage it is better to apply it with a kabuki brush but if you want to get more of a light coverage it is better to use the beauty blender. This is because it takes some of the coverage away.  The claims about being a perfect foundation to take pictures with I totally agree with. It looks beautiful in pictures and does not have a flash back. Also it looks very natural in person. I have to set this foundation with powder after application because it doesn't dry out completely and it has a slight tacky sensation. Therefore if you don't set it, it will transfer. It does not emphasize my pores or fine lines and does not oxidize on me. It still looks good after 10 hours of wearing it. It comes in a glass jar with a twist top and a spatula applicator. I wish it came with a pump because it is more handy, hygienic, and also the product will not be exposed directly to the air everytime you open the bottle which can affect the expiration date and texture of the product. If you are sensitive to fragances this foundation has a paint smell to it but it fades after a couple of minutes so it wasn't a big deal for me. They have 20 different shades. Overall I was very happy and surprised with the great performance of this foundation. It is worth to give it a try more for its great price and performance.

SWATCH


Cruelty Free
$6.95 for 1 FL OZ 
My Skin Type: Combination to dry

CLOSEUP LOOK USING THIS FOUNDATION



Have you ever tried this foundation before? Thank you so much for reading 

I bought this product with my own money.

23 comments:

  1. I have not seen this yet. I love the applique, that would make it so much easier to apply around eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! Such a great price for that foundation. Thank you for the great honest review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much to you for stopping by Shann! :D

      Delete
  3. seems like it is pretty good for the price. I have so many though that I need to use up before I make any more purchases lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on the color choice! That is where I usually mess up. I am not good at picking out a color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks flawless on your skin! And the price is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is really amazing for such a great product!

      Delete
  6. I've never heard of or tried this foundation. It's a great price for the product and it seems as though it worked really well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I'm impressed! I'm such a cosmetics brat that I always spend $25+ on each item....but I'm interested in trying this out now. Great review girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica and let me know when you try it! :D

      Delete
  8. I just recently purchased this foundation and I LOVE it! It is amazing for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really good on you. It matches you skin perfectly I hope they got it in my shade.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not used the Wet N Wild brand in a very long time. THanks for your take on their foundation. I will look for that in the drugstore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Wet N Wild is a great brand. Your skin looks absolutely great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never used this product before but I'm all about an inexpensive foundation that works. Thanks for sharing your tips for a great experience with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen this product before, but I love finding out about great drugstore finds. I will have to look for it the next time I am out at Rite Aid!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Living in the U.K., I've not come across thus foundation. It sounds pretty good though! I'm always on the look out for new foundations that suit my skin. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much to you for stopping by Jeany! ^_^

      Delete
  15. I've always been a huge fan of Wet N Wile makeup! It was the very first makeup I got when I was younger and I still use it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your makeup, simple and pretty! I've seen this around Insta and Facebook and heard a lot of great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment and for stopping by! Glad that my review was helpful for you and have a great day! :D

      Delete
  17. I want to to thank you for this very good read!!
    I certainly loved every bit of it. I have you saved as a favorite to check out new stuff you
    post...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog.
    Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but
    I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about making my own but I'm not sure where
    to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

tqo_MaEJ5CW7ReHv-E8JzwF45yw