Monday, August 1, 2016

Dollar Store Beauty Must Haves Summer Haul




Hi everyone! I hope you guys are having an amazing day. Today's post is about my dollar store haul from June/July, the products listed here are great, some of these no matter the $1 price tag are hidden gems that you maybe want to give them a try. Keep in mind that every Dollar Store carries different products. I bought mine at my local Dollar Tree. 


WET N WILD SINGLE EYESHADOWS IN BRULEE



It was a pleasant surprise how pigmented this single eyeshadow is. I like using this shade to set my eye primer. It is a perfect base for any eye look you want to create since it has a matte finish and is that perfect skin color, the texture is very smooth. It is a bit powdery. I am looking forward to buying  more shades.




WET N WILD FERGIE CREME LIPSTICK IN FERGIE DAILY, LIPSTICK IN PINK ICE AND  LIP LINER IN WILLOW



The formulation of these lip products are very creamy and nourishing. They glide on super smooth and deliver a great pigmentation. The Fergie Daily is a perfect nude, Pink Ice is a rose/pink shade with subtle shimmer/frost in it, and the willow lipliner will be the perfect pair to combine with any nude lipstick. They last on my lips for around 3 to 4 hours.

Swatches left to right are Fergie Daily, Pink Ice, and Lip liner in Willow



ELF LIP BALM TINT IN GRAPEFRUIT AND NUDE

 

This lip balm is one of my favorites! I like the color payoff and the emollient feeling, non sticky at all, and they have good pigmentation. The only con will be the pot packaging since it can be too messy for my liking but I usually apply them with a lip brush. Grape fruit is a coral shade with reddish undertones and nude is a beige toned shade with peach undertones. Overall I would highly recommend this to a friend and they are totally worth the $1 dollar price.





ELF SMUDGE POT IN BROWNIE POINTS

 

This cream eyeshadow glides on my eye lids very easily and  you can use it by itself or as a base to intensify your powder shadows. Once they set they don't move anywhere and it doesn't leave a tacky feeling as some cream eyeshadows do. The lasting power is about 9 hours without retouching. I also used it as an eyeliner. This was the only shade they had at that time but I definitely want to try the other shades. This shade is a coppery brown with a shimmer in it.

 


MILANI LIP INTENSE LIQUID COLOR IN FIERY CORAL



This works as a lip stain and it has a creamy texture. Just make sure to exfoliate and hydrate your lips before applying it because they can be a little dry. They transfer but the lip cream pigments are so intense in color that it will last you for a long time. Also when the color wears off they leave a stain behind. This shade is a neon pink, perfect for summer! :)


MILANI CRYSTAL GLOSS IN RASPBERRY ICING 



The formula is more on the thick side but very comfortable to wear and I like this lip gloss because it is not sticky at all. It has a doe foot applicator that holds a good amount of product. The glitter in it is very subtle and not chuncky at all. Leaves my lips with a beautiful shiny finish. It stays on me for about 3 hours with light drinking and eating. For being a lip gloss it has a good pigmentation. The shade I have is a pretty and natural plum/berry with blue undertones which makes my teeth look more white.

Swatches left to right are Milani Lip Intense Liquid Color in Fiery Coral and Crystal Gloss in Raspberry Icing



What are your favorite beauty products from the Dollar Store? Thank you so much for reading! ^_^

I bought these products with my own money. 


5 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to have to check out my dollar tree now. I just tossed a bunch of my very old (5+ year old) makeup, and now I need to restock! That elf cream eyeshadow looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that they had ELF at the dollar store...good to know...my husband went to a Dollar Tree for the first time on our vacation and now he is OBSESSED

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the comment above! Exactly what I was thinking when I read this...I didn't know that elf was there. I've bought some of the wet n' wild cosmetics from there before years ago. I love to find deals there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elf products are my favorite steals! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish my dollar tree had these great finds!

    ReplyDelete

tqo_MaEJ5CW7ReHv-E8JzwF45yw