Monday, February 1, 2016

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation and Skin Equalizer Primer


Hi lovely's and welcome back to my blog! Today I'm reviewing some Make Up For Ever products, including swatches and final look. I hope this review is helpful for you as always.


ULTRA HD FOUNDATION 


This foundation goes on very smoothly. It has a hydrating/liquidy formula, very light texture, and I don't feel it. It gives the skin a healthy and radiant glow. It has a medium coverage that can be buildable to a full one, just make sure you let it dry between each layer. The finish of this foundation is not matte or dewy, it is just like I was literally born with flawless skin! I love that it didn't crease into my fine lines and it is oil and gluten free. My skin has never looked so good after 10 hours of wearing a foundation. It does not even oxidize. This comes in a glass jar with a pump dispenser which is very hygienic and also allows you to control how much product you want to use. Two pumps are enough to cover my whole face. My shade is Y305, this foundation works great for dry to combination skin. It is perfect for special occasions, events, and photographs because it doesn't have SPF which means it doesn't provide flashback and also because it looks very natural. It looks like your own skin but much better. It blends very easy and it gives you a good amount of time to work with it. They have a total of 40 different shades which is great because they make sure everyone can find their right shade and undertones.

IS THIS FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN TYPE?

My sister has oily skin and she is using this foundation as well and setting is needed. She uses the foundation in combination with the Mattifying equalizer primer. She said blotting is needed after 6 hours. She loves the final look and texture of this foundation as well.

SWATCHES

 


SKIN EQUALIZER SMOOTHING AND MATTIFYING PRIMERS


I have a combination skin type. I use two of their primers, the Smoothing one that creates a soft/silky surface, that allows my foundation to glide on easily, and my skin looks perfect since it does an amazing job filling in my pores and fine lines. I use the Mattifying one on my T-Zone that controls the excess of oil I have on those areas and they make my makeup look perfect and last all day long. They come in a squeeze presentation tube. They have 7 different primers which cover all the different skin needs.

Here are the primer Swatches, so you can have a better idea about the texture of each one.

 

CLOSE UP LOOK!
Using the Ultra HD Foundation in the shade Y305 and the primers. No filters in this photo.

(Click on the photos to enlarge)

You can buy these products here: Make Up For Ever or in any Sephora store near you.


What Makeup For Ever product are you more excited to try out? Thank you so much for reading ^_^

I received these products for a review purpose. Regardless, I only recommend and write about products I use personally, work for me, and that I believe will be good for my readers.

36 comments:

  1. I might have to give this foundation a go because I have dry skin so anything which says hydrating is a plus point x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard their foundation is great. I've tried the mattifying primer and it's just too heavy for my skin, although it does make my makeup stay in place all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the finished look! I have been looking for a new foundation to try for my dry skin and love long lasting foundations. Thanks for sharing this, I will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that it has moisturizer in. I can sometimes get really dry skin so love that it hydrates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hydrating foundation is super important living in Colorado where dry skin is an accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, I have wanted to try this foundation for the LONGEST time. I want to try everything from MUFE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome review :) I've been wanting to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so so beautiful and your skin looks perfect and very natural, I'm so amazed! I've heard great things about this foundation but I was waiting to read your final thoughts. I'm interested to see how it will work for me. Thanks for including your sister's input for oily skin and the wet and dry swatches. I think my shade is Y255

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made my day Sussan! Glad that my review was helpful for you. I really love this foundation and let me know if you try it. Have a wonderful day!!!! :D

      Delete
  9. I have really dry skin so this sounds like it could help with that. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this! I love light foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks brilliant, I think hydrating foundation is so important especially for dry skin like mine

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a great foundation for my sister, i will pass this blog onto her

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look fantastic! This sounds like a fab foundation

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks great on you. Would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like a really great product. I feel like a good primer makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing, I will have to give this a try. Especially that matte primer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to be against foundation and used foundation plus powder but lately I've been using them separately and can feel a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been using this foundation since November and it is wonderful! I desperately need to get some more to of itt

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks perfect with you. Might as well check this out and try.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have been thinking about treating myself to a new foundation and it will need to be something suitable for dry skin. This looks like a good candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want to try the nourishing primer since it looks very creamy, also have you tried their new concealer? I need a new one for my horrible under eye bags or do you have any recommendation for me, thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried their new concealer yet but I will let you know if I do. One that I really like is the Mac pro Longwear concealer it is full coverage :D

      Delete
  22. I really need to try this. I need a medium to full coverage foundation. I'm looking for one that doesn't look cakey on my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohh amazing review - I have oily skin myself, so I might just have to check this out as I do sometimes have issues finding a good foundation. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Gorgeous! I have recently been looking for a good foundation. For a long time I have used only a BB cream, but as I am getting older...I am realizing that a full coverage foundation might be a good idea. I will have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The foundation looks amazing on you, your skin looks flawless! And great that it has 40 shades. will look out for this

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really need a new foundation, it looks pretty good. I've been hearing a lot about these new HD foundations.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ive always wanted to try this foundation, I really need to get myself some! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your makeup finish is perfectly done. This obviously works beautifully. Of course, you're gorgeous to start with too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet thank you so very much Liz! :D

      Delete
  29. Makeup Forever HD is my favorite makeup foundation. As a makeup artist myself I can attest to the quality and the texture in photos is impeccable. But I do feel that if you use too much, it can be overdone to the naked eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! This foundation makes your skin looks perfect :D and thank you so much for stopping by Orana :D

      Delete
  30. I really love that they put out primers for different skin conditions. It makes it a lot easier to pick the right primer for me, it makes such a difference with my foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aaah, you got me super curious here. I'd have to check out Make-Up Forever. I'm a huge fan of primers & foundation. You look great in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Russ and let me know if you try any of them! :)

      Delete

tqo_MaEJ5CW7ReHv-E8JzwF45yw