Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Philosophy Hope in a Jar




I was not impressed with this product. I bought someone really nice skincare products on a regular basis, I was very disappointed with Hope in a Jar. I will be returning this product because it is no good for me! It smells exactly like the fragrance in a brand of hair dye I used to use a decade ago. The smell is so strong, and it never seems to fade, in fact I had to wash my face twice to rid myself of the odor after several hours of wearing it.The consistency is watery, but it didn't help my skin absorb it any better. A light moisturizer should be hydrating and absorb into the skin readily. this product does neither. It did nothing for my skin but irritate it a bit (probably due to a combination of its exfoliating lactic acid and its overwhelming amount of fragrance) and it felt like a film on my skin.When I washed my face and put on my regular moisturizer my skin immediately looked and felt SO much better! It was like my skin was as relieved to be rid of Hope In a Jar as much as my nostrils were relieved to be rid of the fragrance. I'd recommend Aveda hydrating lotion if you are into botannical aromas, it is so much better for your skin and smells infinitely more appealing than this Hope In a Jar!.

Price $39.00 for 2 oz 

Leave your comment. Thank for read :)

7 comments:

  1. Omg I just tried it on today for the first time also a sample ugh it smells horrible it got me sick to my stomach I've tried everything for the smell to go away but nothing is helping :( and it's super slippery it's horrible!!

    Princess105

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIGHT!! i bet its just the samples... i literally cleansed my face like 5 time. i seriously wanted to poor like strawberry juice on my face JUST so i could smell something else! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm it happened to me too I had a sample too from sephora when I first tried it I thought it was the natural smell lol but when I tried to go back and get a sample again it was ok doesn't smell bad and it really moisturize my skin so I think u had a bad batch of product the same I did

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh ok, thanks for telling me! i might have to give it another chance some time, since i DID like how moisturizing it was!......

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesnt smell THAT bad its not like disgusting....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about picking this up too! Thank goodness for this review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review, its always good to see honest reviews, even if its telling us that the product isnt worth it.

    ReplyDelete

tqo_MaEJ5CW7ReHv-E8JzwF45yw