Wednesday, November 14, 2012

SUGAR ROSE TINTED LIP TREATMENT SPF 15 REVIEW








I got this from a lovely muaer having heard of it but had never tried it. To me this is the kind of product that evokes a mood or feeling, its not cherry Chapstick (which I've long used and love), its a little bit of luxury in your purse. You take out the silver bullet, turn a bit and up comes the lip treatment in the perfect shade of red, not too blue, nor too yellow. If it applied as it appears it would be a lovely creamy red, but red lipsticks abound, this is a hint of that. A teeny bit of pink remains on the lips which are well moisturized by using this. Its a good product, feels cushy and plus, has an spf to boot. You're paying for not just a lip balm, but an experience. You take it out and it looks special, different. Anyone watching would expect you to come away with red lips for sure. But you're like me, a swipe and go lip product gal, no time for lip liners and pocket mirrors all the live long day. So you carry this and swipe it on, feeling a little more pampered and a pretty little red lip balm with such a lovely sweet name, is a lovely sweet thing to use from time to time. I have a dry skin condition, severely dry lips too, I go through a stick of balm a week at times so this is cost prohibitive used daily. Lisa Eldridge a famed makeup artist that posts on youtube talked about how applying lipstick is a feminine art and the use of swipe and glow nudie, sheer glosses has taken away that seduction from our culture. Taking out a pretty tube, the look of the bullet and the pout women make while applying etc. I agree and I'm one of those who like I said won't bother with lipstick. Some recent lip butters are ok for me but some are actually too pigmented for the swipe and go. With this you get the brightly colored bullet, the feminine appeal of that and application, with none of the mess or "lipstick commitment" you'd need to pull such a color off. But you just get slightly rosey lips that look and feel better. When I win Lotto I'm going to use this all the time :)




ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE): 7.49% OXYBENZONE (BENZOPHENONE-3): 2%

OTHER INGREDIENTS: CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, HYDROGENATED DECYL OLIVE ESTERS, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL, RIBES NIGRUM (BLACK CURRANT) SEED OIL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER WATER, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ASCORBYL TETRAISOPALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, SUCROSE TETRASTEARATE TRIACETATE, CI 15985 (YELLOW 6 LAKE), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYRICINOLEATE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), PROPYL GALLATE, LIMONENE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, LINALOOL, BHT, CITRAL, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL <04717/A>




Price $22.00 is a little price but a great product :)









8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestions, my lips have been super dry lately, so I will see where I can find in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You very welcome, thank for comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think is to much money for a lip balm

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorites to :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got these for my birthday in sephora, very nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like more the mint one taste better

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wait until my birthday for get this :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. These smell so good :)

    ReplyDelete

tqo_MaEJ5CW7ReHv-E8JzwF45yw